Integri tour is the first responsible tourism company in Western Kenya. Their mission is to show the very best of this beautiful region of ‘real’ Africa, in a sustainable way that supports local communities and the environment.
SERVICES AND PRODUCTS INCLUDE
- EXPERT SAFARI
- VOLUNTEERING PLACEMENTS
- BESPOKE HOLIDAY PACKAGES
- CAR HIRE AND TICKETING
- 1. COMMUNITY TOURS
- A day in the life of a Luo village-Spend time in the daily life of a typical, rural village. Meet the people, visit their homes and learn about their daily routines.
- At home with Mama Obama at Obama Village
- Traditional Village industry tour-Step back in time in the tour of the villages, cottages industries and beautiful countryside, around the shores of Lake Victoria.
- Life in Nyalenda slums-Nyalenda is the second largest slum in Kenya and home to thousands of families living in or below the poverty line. HIV, poor sanitation and joblessness are chronic issues facing the slum.
- Living with the fisher folk in their homesteads-Spend a once in a lifetime opportunity in an authentic rural homestead and truly experience the realities of daily life of the Luo fishing community.
TYPICAL ACTIVITY TO BE CARRIED OUT
- Visiting Homesteads
- Observing local trades and craftsmen
- Attending a typical class room lesson
- Eating a typical lunch with local children
- Learning about local NGO projects
- Wandering the local street markets
- 2. NATURE TOURS
- Visiting Ndere Island Reserve -the smallest in the country, by taking a boat to the untouched reserve, a nature and bird lovers paradise
- Sunrise bird watching on lake Victoria-As the sun rises and casts its pinky-orange glow across the grey blue lake, motor gently between the hippos, birds and local fishing boats.
- Sunset “bear on the boulder” at Kit Mikayi-End your day in style and indulge with friends and a beverage at the mythical Kit Mikayi watching the pink sun over a dramatic strewn landscape.
- Flora, Fauna including Monkey and Butterfly tour at Kakamega forest- Immerse yourself in Kenya’s ultimate eco experience in the deepest, darkest tropical rain forest.
- Bird watching off Rusinga island- Wake up early for an unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the lakes rich and colourful birdlife.
- Counting off some of the over 300 species of birds around lake Victoria
- Getting up close to the hippos and crocodiles around lake Victoria
- Bird, monkey and Monkey watching in Kakamega forest
- Lazy picnic afternoons at Impala Park.
- 3. ADVENTURE TOURS
- 1 and 2 day Kakamega jungle experience
- Lake Victoria Hippo and Crocodile tracking
- Monkey rock trek
- Camping and Homestead stays on the islands of Lake Victoria
- Swinging on Lianas in Butterfly and bird filled Kakamega rainforest
- Trekking on the hills overlooking the lake
- Rambling over boulder strewn hills culture and nature packed time exploring the stunning islands and fascinating communities of the lake.
ADDRESS: GROUND FLOOR, DUKE OF BREEZE HOTEL OFF JOMO KENYATTA HIGHWAY, KISUMU, KENYA
CELL: 0725790303, 0720647864